Jungles & Safaris
Free upgrading to full board
in Ambarella Lodge and Watch Hut.
Use: JUNGLE19 in your demand
An exclusive itinerary for travelers wishing to stray off the beaten path and live an experience out of the ordinary. A unique voyage filled with emotions and discoveries awaits you.
Ask us for a quote
Please note that the price remains indicative. The exact rates depend on your actual travel periods. Supplements may apply during the high season, as well as discounts or promotions at other times of the year.
Reception at the airport and transfer to the Ambarella Lodge in the heart of the Kotaliyade coconut plantation. In the afternoon, Tuk-Tuk excursion to Hunumulla village and surroundings to get acquainted with the local rural life and artistry. Overnight Ambarella Lodge.
Early breakfast and then departure for Wilpattu National Park. Enjoy the semi-permanent campsite located close to the southern boundary of Wilpattu National Park. In the afternoon, jeep safari to discover the native fauna and flora. If you’re lucky, you may even spot the famous and elusive leopard. Dinner will be served at the campsite.
After breakfast, take quiet roads all the way to Habarana. Newar the Kala Wewa reservoir, visit the 12 metres high standing Buddha Statue of Aukana. Check in to the Elephant Watch Hut, your lodging in the trees (see below). Later in the day, ascend Sigiriya rock, known for its ancient fortress at the top of its impressive 180 meters, and its frescoes of the “Ladies of Sigiriya”. After dinner, served at the Elephant Watch Hut, it is time for a small jeep ride to spot any elephants roaming around the area looking for water holes. Back at the Elephant Watch Hut, retire for an unforgettable night in your personal tree cabin.
After breakfast, choice of 2 activites:
- Village tour by jeep, to visit a forgeron, pottery village, weaving centre ending with luch at a folklore dancing teacher’s house.
- Village tour by bicycle to Ritigale. The route through beautiful landscapes takes us to visit a village temple, a Montessori school (if open) and a weaving centre.
Lunch at Elephant Watch Hut. In the afternoon, time for a jeep safari in Minneriya park. Dinner will be served at the Elephant Watch Hut and at 21:00, leave for Galo station to catch the overnight train to Gampaha.
Arrival at the station in Gampaha is estimated between 02:45-03:30 a.m., however the duration of the trip may vary depending on elephants crossing the tracks. Transfer approx. 30 min to the Ambarella Lodge and end of the tour (rooms are available until noon). Transfer to the airport, or to your seaside hotel.
- Transport in a private, air conditioned vehicle with services of a licensed and English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Meals mentioned in the program
- Admission fees and activities at places mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in a double room at a standard property
- Applicable government taxes