Ayubowan, essentials of Sri Lanka
This tour is ideal for a quick but intense discovery of the country, before a relaxing beach holiday by the sea in Sri Lanka or the Maldives.
Ask us for a quote
Please note that the price remains indicative. The exact rates depend on your actual travel periods. Supplements may apply during the high season, as well as discounts or promotions at other times of the year.
Airport - Hunumulla
Pick-up at the airport, short transfer (approx. 25 min) and arrival at Ambarella Lodge, located in the heart of a coconut plantation. Day at leisure to relax and to enjoy the pool and the garden. Possibility to arrange an excursion by Tuk-Tuk or by bicycle to the nearby village and surroundings to get acquainted with the local rural life and artistry. Dinner and overnight at Ambarella Lodge.
Hunumulla - Kandy
After breakfast you have a choice of two options:
1. Transfer to Colombo railway station and travel by train to Kandy through a spectacular landscape of coconut estates, pineapple plantations and rice fields.
2. Departure for Kandy by car. Stop at the Millenium Elephant Foundation; a sanctuary for retired domestic elephants. Their Elephant Walk Experience offers an ethical, up close and personal experience alternative to the elephant riding options for tourists.
For both programs: in the afternoon – visit of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, one of the most venerable Buddhist temples. Dinner and overnight in Kandy.
Kandy - Sigiriya
Breakfast and then departure for Sigiriya. Possibility to stop at a spice garden on the way. In the afternoon, a climb of the famous Lion Rock in Sigiriya and its rock paintings awaits. The summit is reached through a series of stairs that lead to the top of the 180-meter high red rock that dominates the surrounding jungle and that harbours ruins of the citadel that served as the capital for Sri Lanka’s ancient kingdom. On the top you will have a breath-taking view over the surrounding landscape. Dinner and overnight in Sigiriya.
Sigiriya - Minneriya - Sigiriya
In the morning, visit of a cave temple, the Golden Caves at Dambulla. The 5 caves shelter over 150 Buddha statues illustrating Sri Lankan art from different eras. Continuation to Habarana where you will have the opportunity of discovering the authentic flavours of Sri Lanka during a lunch with a local family. In the afternoon it is time for a jeep-safari to the Minneriya National Park, known for its numerous herds of elephants. Dinner and overnight in Sigiriya.
Sigiriya - Airport or beach stay
Transfer to the airport or to your beach hotel.
- Private vehicle with English speaking chauffeur/guide
- 4 overnights in standard category hotels
- Meals mentioned in the program
- Excursions and visits mentioned in the program
- Applicable government taxes