Discover Sri Lanka
This tour is ideal for getting an insight into all the main points of interest and experiences the island has to offer.
Ask us for a quote
Please note that the price remains indicative. The exact rates depend on your actual travel periods. Supplements may apply during the high season, as well as discounts or promotions at other times of the year.
Airport – Hunumulla
On your arrival, transfer to the Ambarella Lodge, a traditional coconut plantation located 25 minutes away from the airport. Day free to meander and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and the lovely swimming pool. Dinner and overnight at Ambarella Lodge.
Hunumulla – Pinnawela – Dambulla - Sigiriya
After breakfast, departure to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, one of Sri Lanka’s most popular and beloved attractions. You will have the unique opportunity to witness these majestic creatures taking a bath in the local river. Lunch at your discretion and then you will continue your trip towards Dambulla for a visit of the rock temple. Rest of afternoon at leisure to relax by the hotel swimming pool. Dinner and overnight in Sigiriya
Sigiriya (choice of visits)
Today, visits to the choices:
- Meeting with a blacksmith then visit the village of Rambewa, famous for its pottery production. You are here in the heart of Sri Lanka, far from the tourist trails. Lunch at a folk dance teacher’s house, who will then demonstrate.
- Departure for a day by bike (from 10 years old) to discover the landscapes and the daily life of the inhabitants. Between asphalt and country road, the walk will be punctuated by stops according to your desires and opportunities (village temples, nursery school, craftsmen). After a picnic lunch, visit Ritigala, a monastery in ruins in the forest, then return by car.
Sigiriya - Minneriya or Polonnaruwa - Sigiriya
Early morning departure for the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, one of Sri Lanka’s most awe-inspiring sights. This fortress was both a royal retreat and a historical art gallery. Built in the 5th century as a protection from invasion, it dominates the scenery at a height of 180 meters. Here you will be able to admire beautiful rupestrian paintings, two enormous lion paws and a magnificent view of the surrounding countryside. In the afternoon, we recommend one of the following 2 optional extras: a safari in Minneriya Park, or a visit of Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka’s ancient capital, with the Gal Vihara. Dinner and overnight in Sigiriya
Sigiriya - Kandy
After breakfast, departure for Kandy, an academic and religious city set in the heart of a gentle and hilly landscape. Visit the tropical garden of Matale, to discover the wondrous spices that are the soul of Sri Lankan cuisine. The arrival in Kandy will be followed by a tour of the city, with a visit of the market and of the temple of the Sacred Tooth of Buddha: the most revered Buddhist sanctuary in Sri Lanka. Afterwards, enjoy a cultural show, demonstrating the wide diversity of Sri Lankan dance, music and sacred rituals. Dinner will be served at your overnight hotel.
Kandy – Ramboda falls – Kandy
After breakfast, zip through traffic in a local Tuk-Tuk which will take you to the Kandy station where you will embark on a train ride to Gampola (approx. 45 min.). A car will then take you to Ramboda Falls, a spectacular double waterfall. The voyage continues with a visit to a tea factory to witness the processing of tea leaves. Dinner and overnight in Kandy.
After breakfast return to Ambarella Lodge to await your flight to Europe or to the Maldives or transfer to the seaside hotel of your choice. From April to October this itinerary is modified to enable you to better combine this trip with a seaside stay on the splendid East coast.
- Transport in a private, air conditioned vehicle with services of a licensed an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Meals mentioned in the program
- Admission fees and activities at places mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in a double room at a standard property
- Applicable government taxes